I’ve been given a blog award by the ever awesome Caryn! The rules are that I have to tell you seven interesting things about myself and pass it along to seven other bloggers. So here I go… I am going to try and come up with seven things I haven’t already said on here somewhere.
1. I am planning another tattoo. I want this one to be for Evi. I haven’t decided where it will be, or what it will be, but I am using the following images of sweetpea flowers as inspiration:
2. I am seriously considering going on to my PhD, ideally in Italian Language and Culture… though this means I should be working harder on maintaining/improving my language skills. Ideally, I’d like to teach at the college level.
3. I used to be pretty frivolous with money, but recently I’ve become… well, cheap. I will spend the least possible amount of money on things, even when a little bit of extra cash could mean better quality. I won’t buy total junk, but I will choose the bargain brand over and over. It’s amusing to Aaron, who used to get pretty frustrated with my indiscriminate spending but now has to remind me that it’s alright to spend a little now and then.
4. I still hate exercise. I only keep doing it because I have this weird streak that drives me to compete with myself, and because I have been so open on the internet about it that I don’t want to let anyone down. So thanks, internet, for keeping me accountable and healthy.
5. I have 113 blogs in my reader and another four that don’t do feeds. I love the reader because it means I can check for updates without going to every blog, which I would never have the time to do. I don’t comment as often as I should, but I try to comment when people ask questions or when something really strikes a chord for me.
6. I really want to be a professional writer and I think I have the skills to do it. I am working on it when I can and sending things out to various resources, but so far no luck. I am still hoping.
7. I am really, REALLY nervous about going to FitBloggin. It is my birthday present to myself, and I hope it will be accompanied by a small shopping trip and a pedicure, but I am terrified. I really hope it will be a chance to network and get more readers, to meet some great people who are all health conscious, and to learn some new skills. I am really scared though. I am scared to be the least fit/savvy/put together one there. I am scared of leaving Evi at home and missing her too much. I am scared Aaron will be overwhelmed by having to take care of her alone for two days. I know he’s more than capable…
8. Speaking of Aaron, he’s been playing Bioshock 2 lately and I hate it! The game, though creepy, is actually kind of fun for me to watch, but there is a lot of language and a ton of blood and I just don’t want it around Evi. But I can’t ask him not to play it when it’s his way to get some much needed relaxation, and we can’t afford to buy him a new tv to play it in another room….
9. I get up early every morning so that I can spend an hour drinking my coffee and playing games on Facebook.
Oops… it was supposed to be seven things. I got going and lost count. Oh well, here’s my nine potentially interesting things then. And here’s my list of bloggers who I’d like to pass the award on to: